Monday, October 1, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

Wisp thought it would be a good idea for us to post a bit about who we are. So, here is that post!

I'm almost26 (next week) years old, and I was born in VA and raised mostly in Maryland. I am an east coast girl to the core. I have one brother, a half-brother, and 2 step-brothers. I also have 4 wonderful girls I call my sisters who are ex-step-sisters, but lets not make this more complicated than it already is. My mother currently lives in Massachusetts with her husband and their son who is 12. My father lives in Maryland and lives in the house I lived in while I was in High School. He's in the process of turning the place into the ultimate bachelor pad, which I think is awesome.

I went to college in York, PA and studied biology and chemistry. I came up with this brilliant idea to go for a PhD afterwards, and after looking at a few schools, I ended up going to University of Michigan. I'm still not sure I know why I chose U of M over UNC or Georgetown, but alas, I did.

Shortly after moving to Michigan, I met my Prince Charming, who was in reality also an east coast transplant. We quickly bonded and started dating, and we have been together ever since.

Prince Charming proposed to me on May 30th, 2007 in Kill Devil Hills, NC. He and I were out walking on the beach one moonlit night, and next thing I know he's down on one knee saying stunningly beautiful things, and then he asked me to marry him! I was so excited I nearly pushed him over into the surf. After some celebrating on the beach (not like that!) we went back to the house and told all of our friends. It was an amazing evening. And the ring is gorgeous!

I'm currently about 3 months into planning my wedding which is 95% sure to be 11/8/2008. I've always wanted a fall wedding, because I was born in the fall (10/10) and I always feel the most home in the fall. The leaves change and that to me is a symbol of life's progression. Fall reminds me that no matter how stagnant you think you life may be, there is always change coming. And on top of that, in Maryland, when fall come you don't immediately break into a sweat the moment you walk outside anymore.

My wedding is not fall-themed really. I will draw some inspiration from fall colors, though more towards reds than oranges. Our main colors are going to be wine and champagne, which makes us sound like alcoholics, but we're really not. I'm also going for a more intimate feeling, so lots of candles rather than flowers.

I'm super excited to be wedding planning. I'm a frequent visitor to TheKnot.com and you will see me occasionally refer to people as Knotties. They're all brides, planning their own weddings. We bounce ideas off one another and share opinions about local vendors. They are great people.

Finally, I have chosen to use the nickname Aurora, or Princess Aurora from the Sleeping Beauty story. My wedding will be very fairy-tale like, just like I always imagined. I'm very excited about it.

So, welcome to Tying Two Knots! Enjoy.

-Aurora

No comments: