Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Brides are Crazy: Part 1

Brides are some of the craziest people I have ever encountered. I am one of them, I do not deny being crazy. However, I will report the crazy to you for amusement sake.

A few months ago I bought a cake serving set from the Bombay Company. It looks like this:
I got it on sale for 25$. I thought it was perfect for my fall wedding! As it turns out, this is possibly the most coveted item for fall brides. Apparently last year people were buying 10 at a time and selling them on ebay. That's crazy enough... but what about this....

Bombay company is going out of business. This means no more perfect fall wedding cake cutting sets! And so, on theknot.com, people are selling their sets for upwards of 100$. I am not kiding.

I'm tempted to sell them for a stupid profit, but at the same time I love them so much and want to use them. A part of me is hoping to use it next year and sell it a few years later for a ridiculous price to some crazy bride who absolutely must have it.

On another note, I just did the math. I am nearly complete collecting items for my table centerpieces, and I will construct them for less than 5$ per table. Yay bargain shopping! Now I just have to find people to put them together for me on the day of the wedding so I don't have to.

No comments: