Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Boys! (part 2)

Aurora, that's hilarious.

When we got engaged, about a month and a half ago, we decided that since we knew we weren't getting married until early 2009 to take a month off from dealing with issues about the wedding. We daydreamed out loud to each other, about the music, and the bridal party, and all of that, but we said that as soon as we disagreed about something, or stressed out, we would move on to something else.

So, Romeo didn't make any decisions. And after the month was over, he came to me and said, "Honey, we need to start figuring this out now. We need to make plans." He was already starting to panic.

I laughed. I already have two top choices for my dress, we already know who the bridal party is (and some of them have been notified), we have ideas on colors, and it made me laugh that he thought we hadn't done anything.

I read once that you should have three things that you really care about having a certain way and the rest of it you should just let go. So far I know I care about what the bridal party looks like (in the sense that everyone looks great, not that everyone looks just like I think they ought to) and the music (boy howdy do I have some very specific requirements there). I think I also care about the photographs.

Oh, and I emailed the guy who I want to perform the ceremony. I hope to hear back from him; he's a friend of mine who is a pretty busy author and I hope he doesn't already have conventions or events to go to in early 2009. Fingers crossed!

No comments: