Friday, February 8, 2008

9 months to go!

With 9 months to go we've made pretty good progress. We have most of the vendors booked, though I still need to find an officiant, florist, and cake person. My invitations are being designed by an amazing woman who is a friend of a friend, and they're being done for a great price! The last few vendors will be booked within the next 2 months. After that I've got 2-3 months of crafty projects to complete like decorating my vases and such for the reception. I also need to figure out how to decorate my chapel. There's so much to consider you never think about!

My save-the-date cards/magnets went out and have started arriving at various houses. They look amazing and I'm very proud of them. Our guest website has also been launched: www.mcleansullivanwedding.com has all the info about the hotel, flights, and area.

I have nearly finished putting together my look for the day. My dress has been ordered, and I've found very "Aurora" shoes which I have dyed red, for a splash of color and fun. I've also decided to wear feathers in my hair, just for something a bit different. I am so excited about all these little touches. I've got most of my jewelry figured out. I will be borrowing Donald's mother's earrings, they're both 1k diamonds that were her mother and grandmother's engagement rings (something borrowed). My mother will be getting me a second pair of earrings for my second holes which will be small sapphires (something blue). I have a piece of handmade lace my great aunt made for my something old (not 100% sure where this will go). My something new will be one of many things! The only thing I need to find is a bracelet, and I want something a bit unique and art-deco without being gaudy. I'm picky, apparently.

That's all for now :)

-Aurora

No comments: