Monday, June 16, 2008

A flurry of action

I feel like I'm in the thick of things now.

- We put a deposit down on the location (NW DC)
- We talked to the hotel that's nearby for their rates, and are going to contact another shortly
- We're meeting with a photographer that came highly recommended (thanks, Devin and Beth!)
- I've started filling out the budgeting tools on theknot.com (don't love the community, but the tools and resources are pretty awesome)
- We're talking about ceremony musicians
- I designed some Save the Date cards (but I'm not sure if I love them yet)

This week:

- See if printing the Save the Dates ourselves looks cute or chintzy
- Design an outer card and get the materials to print them, if we're going that way
- Meeting with said photographer on Saturday morning
- Work out whether or not we want a photobooth (I vote yes!)
- Get more addresses from my parents

It seems like so much, especially when I think about all the OTHER things we have to do (contact the caterer, figure out something with flowers, find a tux shop, get my mom down to VA to the dress shop to see the dress I love, and, uh, EVERYTHING ELSE) but I'm trying not to freak out.

Oh, and we're closing for our house on August 5th. I think we've both lost it. (That is, incidentally, why we didn't get married this summer - we didn't want to be moving and planning a wedding all at the same time so urgently.)

Whew.

PS: A couple of things I forgot! I have the wedding website started, and have added the wedding party and some pictures and stuff to it.

And we've got 251 days to go! Yikes.

No comments: